What criteria that makes the best swimming pool chlorine tablets?
This is a question that all swimming pool owners might ask if this is their first time owning any. When it comes to swimming pool maintenance, there are three (3) things that one needs to worry about:
If you have ever accidentally tasted swimming pool water, you know that it tastes funny. That is thanks to chlorine. However, chlorine plays more roles than just giving such a taste on the water.
Chlorine —especially in tablets— is your saviour while swimming in the pool. It helps to kill off dangerous microorganisms. These microorganisms can cause a lot of unpleasant things, from an ear infection, athlete’s foot, gastroenteritis, and also Legionnaires disease.
There are plenty of chlorine tablets to buy, but which ones are the best? To get rid of those bacteria off your swimming pool water, careful consideration is needed.
Some things to consider regarding swimming pool chlorine tablets
Before we go on, here are some things to consider before choosing your swimming pool chlorine tablets:
- The types of chlorine tablets
- The dosage and size
- The package of the tablets
- The chlorine percentage
- The stabilized chlorine tablets
- The active ingredients
The 5 Best Swimming Pool Chlorine Tablets
If you still have not decided which one to use for your swimming pool, these are the top five (5) to consider:
1. In the Swim 3-Inch Pool Chlorine Tablets 50 lbs
This product consists of almost 100% Trichlor-s-triazinetrione and 90% stabilized the chlorine. The perfect dosage is one to two tablets per 10 thousand gallons of water for once a week. Do not forget to consider your swimming pool temperature and sunlight for the dosage to work wonders, though.
Each bucket has 114 tablets. Here are the pros and cons:
- The dissolving process of the tablets is slow and even.
- These tablets are affordable and work wonders.
- These tablets are also well-protected.
- Unfortunately, these tablets are also fragile.
2. Clorox Pool&Spa XtraBlue
For starters, these Clorox tablets are easy to remember. You can use this product for between 700 to 5,000 gallons of water. These tablets target bacteria right away and prevent algae from growing to infest the pool. With this product, scale and dirt also get eliminated quickly.
Here are the pros and cons:
- They are efficient to remove bacteria and other microorganisms.
- You do not have to worry about algae.
- These tablets work wonders for a huge amount of water.
- The smaller tablets work wonders for smaller pools.
- To some people, this product may seem a little bit expensive. However, if you are willing to invest in this, then it is definitely worth it.
3. Kem Tek 28156 SwCnmP Chlorinating Tablets
If your swimming pool is placed outdoor, then these chlorine tablets are perfect for you. Consisting of 85.5% active chlorine and 95% Trichlor-s-triazinetrione. Each tablet is one-inch. However, you should not judge their capabilities by their size.
Here are the pros and cons of using this product:
- Kem-Tek is the most workable for smaller swimming pools.
- These tablets do not decay easily.
- They have value.
- Unfortunately, hot tubs are ‘no-go’ stuff for these chlorine tablets.
4. Clorox Pool&Spa Active99
Clorox Pool&Spa Active99 comes in various sizes. The quota is 1 to 4 parts per million of chlorine to keep the swimming pool water clean and clear. One tablet at a time will do, especially the skimmer to maintain the quota or percentage.
In short, here are the pros and cons:
- This product is packaged in a waterproof canister.
- When it comes to highly active ingredients, these tablets work effectively.
- A tablet works wonders for 10,000 gallons of water, which means you get to save money.
- There are a variety of sizes regarding these tablets.
- Unfortunately, this product is also a bit expensive. This is only for those willing to go the extra mile to keep their swimming pools clean and clear.
5. Swim Best U009050050 Swimming Pool Chlorine
These chlorine tablets are EPE-certified. That means you can be certain that this product is safe to use. There are other things to ensure you to choose this.
For feeder baskets, skimmers, and floaters, these tablets are great. In fact, they get to cover down to all the corners of your swimming pool.
Without further ado, here are the pros and cons:
- They work wonders as water-disinfectants.
- They are also very effective.
- These tablets spread across your swimming pool, slowly and evenly.
- Unfortunately, these chlorine tablets are also quite fragile.
There are plenty of swimming pool chlorine tablets you may consider the best. Depending on the size of your pool, which one will it be?
You get to choose one of the best swimming pool chlorine tablets right here.
Get more tips and tutorials in your inbox on how to maintaining your swimming pool from PoolSuppliesHero just by entering your email address.